Dovetail Magazine invites submissions of contemporary visual art for the inaugural group exhibition in The Niche. The theme is Path.
Dovetail Magazine positions contemporary visual art in dialogue and ideas around place that fit nicely with visual art. The Niche is the magazine’s online publication-meets-exhibition space, further exploring themes around landscape, environment, and community. For this exhibition, we invite artists to submit work that relates to the idea of paths.
path (noun): \ ˈpath, ˈpäth \
The inaugural group exhibition for The Niche is selected and curated by Dovetail Editor and Young Space Founder Kate Mothes. All selected work will be featured on The Niche, Dovetail’s Instagram account, and promoted to mailing lists with over 5000 total subscribers. All applicants are also considered for feature articles and collaborative projects in the future. $5 of each entry fee will be donated to Conserve.org, an artist-run 501(c)3 nonprofit organization supporting large-scale land conservation.
Send any questions or concerns you may have via email to Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org. All correspondence will be through email only. If you encounter any issues with this form or any other part of the submission process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Please complete both Step 1 and Step 2 below. Your submission will not be considered until both steps have been completed.
All artists in all career stages at least 18 years of age are eligible to submit work for consideration. Work submitted must have been completed within the last two years. There is no limitation on geographic location, theme, or medium. Artists who are BIPOC or from historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply. A CV is not required to apply. If selected, you may be asked for additional information, or to participate in an interview for further promotional purposes.
- Submit up to ten (10) distinct pieces of work for consideration
- Only completed artworks will be considered
- Fill out form below and upload:
- Images of your work (up to 3 images of each work; maximum 30 images)
- Brief artist statement (300 words max)
- CV (optional)
- Entry fee
- Format: JPEG
- Size: minimum 2000px wide
- File name format: LastName_Title.jpeg
- If submitting video, the form below does not support video files. Please include JPEG stills and email links to the videos to email@example.com.
- Entry Deadline: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:59pm GMT+1 (London).
- All artists will be notified of the final decision by the end of August.
- Exhibition Date: Early September. There is no closing date, like a publication, however works will only be available for purchase until the end of 2022.
- Application fee is USD$25 (nonrefundable, $5 to an environmental conservation charity), limit 10 works
- Works may be available for sale, however this is not a requirement. If your work is included in the exhibition, more information about sales and consignment may be discussed
- Online entry only via website. Credit/debit card via PayPal (at this time, we can only accept PayPal for international transactions)
- As an independent, ad-free publication, the proceeds from fees cover essential administrative and web costs, and directly fund and sustain the project
Agreement & Photography:
- Young Space reserves the right to use images of the artwork for publicity and educational purposes in perpetuity.
- By submitting artwork via this call, the artist is agreeing to the terms outlined above.
Please follow the 2 steps below:
- Online form (Attach images as separate files. Include statement and CV documents, which may be combined into one document)
- Entry Fee ($25)
Your submission will not be considered complete until both steps are complete.
Please fill out the information in the form below. Fields with a * are required. Information in the Airtable form will not save if you navigate away from the page before hitting the blue “submit” button at the bottom of the form. Confirmation of submission of the application will appear as a message on this page; you will not receive an additional email of confirmation. You will receive an email to verify the fee submission via PayPal. If you have further questions about your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USD$25 application fee. If buttons do not work or no new page appears, this may be due to popup or ad blockers in your browser. You may also wish to try refreshing the browser window after confirming the information above has been submitted. (There is no need to re-submit that information once you return to this page to complete this step.) Alternatively you may access this direct link: paypal.me/dovetailmag. Thank you!